The University of Manchester is a top ranked public research university in Manchester, England, United Kingdom. The institution was formed in the year 2004 by the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and the Victoria University of Manchester. The institution has grown over the year and contributes largely towards the economy of England. The university has a number of financial aid programs developed to assist students especially in the area of academic funding. Thus, applications are invited from international students for the 2021 President’s Doctoral Scholar Award scheme, launched by Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell.
To be considered for this award, candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD programme to commence in September 2021;
- hold (or are about to obtain) a first-class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work;
- be interested in attending a series of exclusive events to facilitate interactions with our academic community and network with other PDS award holders.
The 3.5-year fully-funded scholarships will cover:
- all university tuition fees at the international rate;
- an annual maintenance stipend (at UKRI rate).
Successful PDS Award holders will have the opportunity to:
- be invited to attend a series of exclusive events where you can meet The University of Manchester’s President and Vice Chancellor, interact closely with our academic community and network with other PDS Awards students;
- benefit from international research leadership under distinguished scholars;
- become a PDS Awards ambassador for the University;
- receive a President’s Doctoral Scholar medal at graduation;
- benefit from our extensive transferable skills training for PhD researchers.
- Apply for admission and receive a conditional/unconditional PhD offer.
- Submit an online PhD applications by 25 March 2021
- All PDS applications will be reviewed internally and a shortlist of candidates will be interviewed before final offers on funding are made.
University: University of Manchester
Country: England, United Kingdom
Study Level: PhD
Eligibility: International students
Closing Date: April 30, 2021