The University of Northern Colorado was established in the year 1889, and over the years, it has grown and developed into one of the highly ranked academic institutions of higher learning. It is a public university, located in the city of Greeley, Colorado, United states of America.
The institution has six colleges that accept thousands of students yearly. It has a good number of undergraduate and graduate courses, and studying at the University of Northern Colorado gives you the advantage of benefitting from some financial aid programs and scholarships.
The International and Transfer student scholarships
This scholarship award is intended for international students new to the university. Recipients are selected on their merit and the awards are renewable to students maintaining good academic standing. Duration of this award will be the time required for the recipient to complete his/her undergraduate studies, a maximum of eight semesters.
How to apply;
- Applicant must be applying to University Of Northern Colorado as a new undergraduate and attending Northern Colorado for the first time
- Applicant must apply for admission to University Of Northern Colorado and be accepted as a degree-seeking, tuition-paying student
- Applicant must submit a TOEFL score of 520 pbt, 190 cbt, or 70, ibt or another approved assessment of English Language Proficiency
- Applicant’s gpa must be a minimum 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, based on grades through fall semester before enrollment
- Recipients shall be selected by the International Scholarship Committee
- One of the three awards available yearly must go to a Taiwanese applicant if there is one
- Not eligible: exchange students, government / employer sponsored students, students in special short-term non-degree programs, Intensive English Program (IEP) students
- 50% of each year’s award will be applied to the recipient’s University Of Northern Colorado bill fall semester and 50% to the spring semester bill
Closing date: 31 March 2022.
The Graduate Dean’s Scholarship
The Graduate Dean’s Scholarship provides multi-year financial support for students. Students must be nominated by faculty to receive the scholarship. Eligible students must be seeking a degree in the following fields:
- Biological Sciences
- Clinical Counseling
- Criminal Justice
- Earth Sciences
- Education Leadership
- Educational Psychology
- Foreign Languages – Spanish (summer only)
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Speech Language Pathology
- Theatre and Dance
- Biological Education
- Counselor Education and Supervision
- Counseling Psychology
- Educational Mathematics
- Educational Psychology
- Higher Education and Student Affairs Leadership
- School Psychology
- Be admitted to an eligible program prior to the start of the semester
- Be a new UNC graduate student for fall term or for a future semester
- If enrolling in a Master’s program, have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.2
- If enrolling in a Doctoral program, have a minimum graduate GPA of 3.2
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2 throughout your master’s or doctoral program
- Be enrolled in at least three credit hours for a master’s student and at least nine credit hours for a doctoral student in fall and spring semesters
- Be enrolled in at least three credit hours for a master’s student; nine credit hours for a doctoral student over both or one of the summer sessions. Enrollment in summer is optional.
Fall and Spring Semesters
- Master’s students enrolled in three to eight credit hours will receive $250 per semester; those enrolled in nine or more credit hours will receive $750 per semester.
- Doctoral students enrolled in nine or more credit hours will receive $1,000 per semester.
- Master’s students enrolled in a minimum of three hours will receive $250.
- Doctoral students enrolled in a minimum of nine hours will receive $750.
Country: United States of America
University: University Of Northern Colorado
Study level: undergraduate and graduate
Funding: Partly funded
Application Link for Undergraduate scholarships: https://www.unco.edu/cie/international-student-scholar-services/funding/scholarships.aspx
Application Link for Graduate scholarships: https://www.unco.edu/graduate-school/funding/scholarships.aspx