The University of Southern Maine is a public university, located in the US state of Maine. It is a top ranked institution of higher learning, and has created a good learning environment for its local and international students.
The institution has several programs through which it helps student to achieve their academic goals; and one of such is through scholarships. International Student merit awards at university of Southern Maine is on-going; thus as an international student, you can submit your application in order to undertake Undergraduate level programs at University.
The students are required to apply to the university through the online platform. The applicants will be considered upon acceptance into the university.
The students must submit the following documents:
- Original Transcripts, all official transcripts from all previously attended institutions where credits were earned or not, and all examination certificates translated to English
- Letter of Recommendations
- Updated Resume
- An essay is recommended but not necessary
- Statement of Purpose
The students must achieve the required scores on the following English language proficiency:
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- IELTS – 5 (overall), minimum 6 (in each band)
- PTE Academic – 61 (overall)
- Cambridge English Advanced – 180 (overall)
Graduate Studies Scholarship Application
The Office of Graduate Studies awards several scholarships and tuition waiver awards each year. Both new and returning students are eligible to apply, however, there may be additional criteria for some awards. Students can submit the Graduate Studies Scholarship Application (a.k.a OGS Scholarship Application) along with the required documents and will be considered for all OGS scholarships and tuition waivers. The awards are contingent upon annual available funding and range from a one year award to a four year award. Scholarships are awarded in variable amounts up to $3,000 per academic year. Tuition waivers are awarded in flexible credit increments up to eighteen credits per academic year.
In order to be eligible for this award students
- must be matriculated into a graduate program at USM,
- be enrolled in at least 6 graduate-level credits in each semester in which they receive the award
- maintain satisfactory academic progress toward their degree (minimum 3.0 GPA).
Students who have not been accepted into a graduate program can still submit a scholarship application, however, awards will be contingent upon acceptance and matriculation into a graduate program at USM. Students must submit an application for admission before applying for a scholarship.
Scholarship decisions will be based on the following criteria:
- GPA (minimum 3.0)
- demonstrated financial need,
- a commitment to graduate studies.
Application Link: https://usm.maine.edu/international/international-funding