About the Institution
Granted university status in the year 1983, the University of Skövde has grown to become one of the best institutions in Skövde . The institution is a state university located in Skövde, Sweden. The University of Skövde is an academic institution with general and specialized educational programmes to help local and international students in achieving their academic goals.
The University of Skövde Masters Scholarships, formally known as UHR Scholarships is now open for students to start submitting their applications; this is open to students outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland, who wish to undertake Masters degree programmes.
Brief Description of the Scholarship
The University of Skövde awards some partial scholarships to students liable to pay tuition fees attending a master’s programme at our University.
The scholarships are partial tuition fee waivers (50% of the tuition fee). If you are granted, the amount will be automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice.
The scholarship is granted for one academic semester, but it can be extended to subsequent academic semesters provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory. The scholarship granting criterion is academic merit. The scholarships can only be awarded to tuition-paying students.
- Apply for a master’s programme at the University of Skövde via their website www.universityadmissions.se.
- Record a 2-minute video explaining why you want to take the master’s programme at the University of Skövde and how you are going to use the knowledge acquired during the programme.
- Upload your 2-minute video to a website or cloud storage so that it can be viewed by our Scholarship Committee, for example upload your video on Youtube and mark it unlisted. Please note that we will not download any video. We must be able to view the video only with the link provided via the online scholarship application form.
- Write a short motivation text telling us why you have chosen the master’s programme at the University of Skövde. The motivation text has to be submitted via the scholarship application form.
- Fill out the scholarship application form and submit it before the scholarship application deadline. You must fill out all required fields in the online application form. You must inform your application number (8-digit number) from www.universityadmissions.se. Fill out your motivation text into the appropriate field. Include the link to your 2-minute video (make sure that the link is complete and correct).
- The criteria for awarding a scholarship are good academic merits, the motivation text and video. Criteria can also be other qualifications that are judged to be in line with educational or research areas as well as geographic location which the University of Skövde gives priority to in accordance with its internationalisation strategy.
- The master’s programme must be delivered on campus.
- Generally students can only be awarded a University of Skövde Master’s Scholarship if a master’s programme at the University of Skövde is chosen as first priority on University Admissions.
- You must have completed the application to the programme meeting all deadlines for the master’s first admission round. You must meet the entry requirements for the master’s programme you applied to, pay the application fee and the supporting documents must have been received before the deadline defined by University Admissions.
- You must fill out all required fields in the online application form. In your motivation text you must tell us why you have chosen the master’s programme at the University of Skövde. Scholarship applications without a motivation text will not be considered.
University: University of Skövde
Study Level: Master degree
Eligibility: International students
Value: Partly funded
Closing Date: 1 February 2021